Accessory for the defined inclination of your camera to compensate for blurring due to tilting in the instrument set-up.
Do you have a camera with a large chip or a DSLR camera and your images are always blurred in a part of the image? Do you have ugly Newton rings in the picture field when taking sunrays with your H-Alpha filter? The cause is usually a skewed chip. The CTU (Camera Tilting Unit) is the solution!
With the CTU extremely fine adjustment is possible: Neige adapters generally use three pairs of pull / push screws at an angle of 120 °. These screws are much too coarse and do not allow fine adjustment! A large part of the adjustment is achieved in these constructions by the elastic or even plastic deformation of the components, a sensitive and reproducible adjustment is thus not possible.
The centerpiece of the CTU, on the other hand, is three screws which press radially onto a conical surface. Using these three screws, the tilt of the camera can be adjusted very accurately and reproducibly. One revolution increases the distance by 0.2mm. The total stroke is only 1mm. Three packages of disc springs keep the camera securely in position.
The tilt can be adjusted from the outside at any time, without having to take the camera from the telescope.
We offer the accessories CTU in the sizes
- CTU M48: Has the well-known M48x0.75 connection thread on both sides and is suitable for cameras with small to medium-sized sensors.
- CTU XL 2.7 "AP: Has the 2,7" Astro-Physics connection thread on the side and is designed for cameras with large sensors. Including adapter with continuous 2.7 "AP bolt thread.
- CTU XL M68x1: Has M68x1 thread on its side and is designed for cameras with large sensors. Including adapter with continuous M68x1 bolt thread.
- CTU Canon EOS / M48: Has on the one side a Canon EOS bayonet for lenses and the camera side a M48x0,75 thread. The CTU has a thickness of 20mm with bayonet, with the optional adapter on T2 remains a residual light path of 23mm to the Canon support dimension of 44.0mm.
- CTU Nikon / M48: On the one hand, a Nikon bayonet for lenses and a camera-side M48x0.75 thread. The CTU has a thickness of 21.5mm with bayonet, with the optional adapter on T2 remains a residual light path of 25mm to the Nikon support dimension of 46.5mm.