Suitable for Sky Hunter mount.
- quick and easy to use
- high precision (30 arcsec)
- no unobstructed view of the Pole Star required
- the mount does not need to be rotated during alignment
- excellent illustration
- intelligent plate solving
- Alignment using your computer
- also suitable for poor visibility in the sky (seeing, light pollution)
Electronic polar finder: Never crawl under the mount again! With this accessory you can easily and very precisely carry out the polar alignment of your mount on the screen. The electronic viewfinder has a built-in camera. This shows you on your laptop or PC the location of the north celestial pole and the place where the polar axis of your mount is pointing. Simply align the two points with the azimuthal and equatorial adjustment screws of the mount - done!
The location of the north celestial pole differs slightly from the location of the polar star. The electronics calculate the exact position from the date and time . Thanks to the sensitivity of the camera and the large field of view, polar alignment is also possible with a mount that is only roughly set up correctly.
Also works in the southern sky ! At low latitudes, atmospheric refraction is also taken into account.
What makes the iPolar system unique?
1. Easily installs into the RA shaft on all iOptron equatorial mounts (except SmartEQ Pro).
2. Can be used on all mounts with adapters - either internal or external.
3. USB plug and play (no driver needed)
4. Works worldwide, no need to set northern and southern hemisphere.
5. No clear view of Polaris (North) or Sigma Octantis (South) required.
6. The mount does not need to be rotated during polar alignment.