Wide-angle shots of the night sky are possible with this light mount.
The mount is simply placed between the camera and a tripod. It re-directs the camera of the sky rotation, so you can choose longer exposure times without the stars turning into line tracks. The camera's camera lens acts as a telescope.
Exposure in five minutes: After setting up the lightweight and compact photomontage, simply set the approximate latitude (pole height) on the video tilt head and aim the Polarstern using the polar finder tunnel. Then mount the camera on the heavy ball head supplied with the quick release plate. With the ball head, the camera can be aligned at any time on any section of sky and determine. As soon as the tracking motor is switched on, long-time exposure can be started immediately.
Typically achievable exposure times:
- 16mm-35mm wide-angle lens: 10 minutes (600sec.)
- 200mm telephoto lens: 5 minutes (300sec.)
The tracking is performed by a precise stepper motor, which can be set at different speeds via the operating menu. The clear LC display supports easy operation. Low power consumption allows up to 20 hours of operation with just one battery charge. Alternatively, power can also be supplied via the micro USB port.
- Fits in almost every photo bag
- Various tracking speeds adjustable
- Switchable for northern and southern hemisphere
- Time-lapse function and azimuthal motion from 15min to 48h adjustable
- Tripod connection thread 1/4 "and 3/8"
The delivery includes a ball head with quick release plate.