This autoguider is a very elegant solution for tracking in astrophotography with long exposure times:
For such shots, you need an additional camera (autoguider), which detects tracking errors of your mount and automatically compensates for this with control pulses to the mount.
In addition, you usually need a laptop or PC running the software of the autoguider. The term "stand alone" is to be understood that with this autoguider no additional computer power is needed. The software is hidden in the hand control box and the red light display shows you the camera image, as well as setting options. Especially for mobile use with a Spiegelrefelxkamera there is no more practical solution for the Autoguiding!
Included with the Stand Alone Autoguider is everything you need: camera, hand control box with display, connecting cable (also USB and ST4 cable) and a cigarette lighter cable for your Powertank. The standalone autoguider can also be used remotely via PC. The only thing you need is the look. For example, you can attach the autoguider with its T2 connector to an off-axis guider, or to a suitable viewfinder. You will find both options under "Recommended Accessories".
- Very portable, easy to handle, fast in use
- Very high sensitivity (eg up to 11mag when using an 8x50 viewfinder and 1 second integration time)
- Very high accuracy: The deviation is already registered at 0.03 pixels. Therefore, a viewfinder is enough as a guide tube.
- Firmware upgrade via USB
- Various setting and evaluation options
- Guiding sunspots and even tracking prominences!
- Canon EOS Trigger Cable Connector: Controls shutter speed, pause time and number of shots
Since the autoguider can also be operated exclusively in recta-stretch mode, it is also ideally suited as a guider for.