Losmandy mounts have long enjoyed an outstanding reputation. They are characterized by precise control and a lot of love for mechanics.
This Losmandy mount not only comes up with an elegant exterior finish, its interior also consists of precisely machined aluminum and stainless steel components. Adjustable slipper clutches in both axes make handling and navigation in the sky easier for you. Because you don't have to look blindly for clamping levers at night - the mount stays where you want it.
The GM8 mount is extremely compact, portable and weighs only about 4.5kg. Nevertheless, she carries instruments up to 15kg. This makes the GM8 well suited for most »amateur optics«. For example, place a 20cm f/5 Newtonian or a 10-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain on the wide 3-inch saddle plate. Then there is even enough capacity for a guide scope.
The mount is equipped with the GoTo system Gemini 2:
- the color touchscreen guides you clearly through the menu in four pre-selectable languages: English, German, French and Spanish
- on the back of the hand control box are four raised buttons for manual movement of the axes. In this way, you can move the telescope sensitively with your eye on the eyepiece or on the computer screen, without using the touchscreen.
- Database with over 40,000 objects
- DC servo motors instead of less accurate stepper motors
- GPS compatible with optional receiver
- Saves the last setting even after switching off
The positioning accuracy of 0.5 arcseconds is a welcome relief for astrophotographers. The Periodic Error Correction (PEC) compensation compensates for inaccuracies and enables you to achieve a precision that does justice to modern astrophotography. Are you planning astrophotography with an autoguiding camera? That is also possible. Connect your camera via an autoguiding port (TTL). The controller also has two USB ports. Connect the mount to the PC without further driver problems and control it via a planetarium program. Thanks to the firmware update via the Internet, you are always up to date.
The advantages at a glance:
- compact and of high quality
- Mount with high load capacity
- precise aluminum and stainless steel components
- Stable 3" saddle plate for 3" dovetail bars
- ultra-fast assembly
- smooth running thanks to needle bearings
- Accommodates optional polar finder scope, but polar alignment is electronic as standard
- including counterweight