The Baader color filters are carefully made for amateur astronomical purposes. The glasses are finely polished optically . These filters far exceed the quality of the usual, "raw polished" (= hot flamed) colored glass filter.
Thanks to the fine-optical polishing, these filters can be used anywhere in the beam path - far before the focal point (e.g. in front of a binocular approach!) Without causing optical errors (astigmatism) or otherwise deteriorating the image in any way!
Other special features of the Baader filter:
- Elaborate frame with the largest possible free opening to prevent vignetting
- CNC-milled "handle crown" - offers excellent handling convenience
- 7-layer anti-reflective coating on both sides with only 0.25% residual reflection per surface
Orange long-pass filter 570nm : Contrast increase when observing the moon and planets at dusk
- Improves the detection of dark areas on Mars and penetrates the vapor layer of the Martian atmosphere
- Shows more details in the cloud bands of Jupiter and Saturn
- Ideally suited for daily observation of the moon, Mercury and Venus