Genuine diamonds form a high-precision, micronized gearbox - that's what makes the Diamond Positioning Track so unique!
In contrast to conventional Crayford or rack and pinion drives, the micronized gear of this focuser ensures completely backlash-free movement, completely non-slip and twist-free!
- By default, Diamond Steeltrack focusers have a payload of 6kg without slipping or bearing stress (which can be increased if necessary).
- The bearing system includes indestructible, 10mm wide roller bearings instead of narrow ball bearings - this allows heavier loads to be carried with maximum precision and torsional stiffness (entirely without Teflon)
- 1:10 Reducer made of stainless steel, prepared for optional Steeldrive motor drive by means of the toothed fine drive knob for the Steeldrive timing belt
- Removable drive block for left- or right-handed fine focusing as well as for connection of the temperature-compensating Steeldrive engine block
- Shortest mechanical design , while maintaining the optimum balance between minimum overall length (= gain in back focus) and the greatest possible rigidity
- "Zero-Shift" axle brake for adjusting the braking effect depending on the instrument load - without pressure on the pullout tube
Adaptation to the telescope:
- Internal connection: M60 thread
- External connection: M68, S88