Purtroppo, questa descrizione non è stato tradotto in italiano, in modo da trovare a questo punto una descrizione inglese.
Enter the Atik Infinity! From the start, this camera was designed to be used by the beginner. It’s sensitive enough to be capable of displaying images of the brightest objects in just a few seconds. Not only that, but the brand new software allows for real time stacking, so if you’re doing very short exposures (let’s say 5 seconds), the first image will look noisy, but the second image will look much better, the third even better, and so on. The software is even smart enough to detect and adjust for field rotation. No Polar alignment needed! No precise tracking needed, either! If your drive is so bad that not even 5 seconds exposures are guaranteed, the software will detect a trailed image and won’t add it to the stack. Even lower-end telescope drives will now be able to do imaging.
The result of using the Infinity is a picture of the object with a quality that is totally impossible to be seen at the eyepiece. It immediately gives the same effect of at least doubling the aperture of any telescope where it’s installed.
A camera foreverybody!
- Beginners: Even with modest telescopes it will be possible to see and record the wonders of the night sky in unprecedented clarity and detail. No complicated polar alignment routines, no complicated software, and no steep learning curve.
- Outreach: Educators wanting to show the night sky to a broader audience will find the Infinity an excellent tool, no matter if you have 10 people in front of you, or thousands spread across the globe.
- Experienced Astro imagers: Yes, even these! How many of you have been asked by family/friends if they can take a look through that expensive telescope of yours? Just the thought of disturbing the setup that you’ve been fine tuning over months just for someone to “have a look” will immediately make you say “… maybe another time…”. Not anymore! Just use the Infinity on your guide scope (Yes, it’s also an awesome autoguider!) and use that to show family and friends how great the universe is. And almost in real time as well.
The Atik Infinity is the first Atik Camera dedicated to video astronomy, boasting both the speed and sensitivity required for this rewarding technique.
The Infinity features a Sony ICX825 sensor embedded with EXview HAD CCD II™ technology for outstanding sensitivity and Quantum Efficiency at a resolution suited to near real time viewing. The generous 6,45 µm pixel size is well-suited to a broad range of telescopes while the slim, rectangular design ensures the camera can clear the base on fork-mounted scopes. This makes the Infinity well-suited to a huge variety of setups, from those just starting out right through to the professional observatory.
New Software: Alongside the Infinity is a custom software application dedicated to video astronomy. It features a simple, intuitive user interface for optimum usability without compromising on camera control or performance. Live continuous stacking removes background noise so you see more of what matters, and flexible histogram adjustments make sure you never miss a detail. Integrated broadcasting features take the hassle out of sharing your sky, and voiceover and live web chat create a truly interactive experience, straight out the box. The software also features session record and interactive replay so you remain in full control of the display when sharing your sessions with family and friends.
- Live continuous stacking
- Flexible histogram control, including auto-stretch functions
- Live YouTube broadcast integration
- Interactive session replay
- Focus assist and monitoring tools
- Save to FITs, PNG and JPG formats
The Perfect Outreach Tool: Video astronomy is ideally suited for use in public outreach programs and educational settings. It allows faint objects to be seen in incredible detail by all involved, and maintains that ‘at the telescope’ feeling without the need to queue up and crowd round an eyepiece. With a choice of either a mono or a colour sensor, the Infinity caters for those who prioritise absolute detail, as well as those who want to explore the universe in colour beyond the sensitivity of the unaided human eye.
Multi-purpose: While other video astronomy cameras are often scaled up versions of guide cameras or cameras used in security applications, the Infinity is based on a high-end, fully-fledged 16bit camera originally developed for OEM use in microscopy and inspection applications. This makes it a no compromise solution for capturing high quality images at live view frame rates, designed with even the most demanding users in mind.
This said, the Infinity can still then be used as an exceptional guide camera, featuring a standard ST4 guide port for direct connection to your mount. And if video astronomy and high-end guiding aren’t enough, the Infinity is also fully compatible with all of our existing software packages, making it suitable for use as an entry-level imaging camera.
What's in the box?
- Camera body with 1.25'' adapter
- New Infinity Video Astronomy software
- 3-metre USB cable
- 1.8-metre battery power connector
- Quickstart guide (paper)
Our highly-acclaimed Capture software is also included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart and Maxim DL. A universal (110-230V) power adapter is optional.
Mono or Color?
- Capable of advanced techniques (LRGB, narrowband)
- Additional applications (spectrometry, photometry)
- Convenient for RGB imaging
- No need for expensive filters and filter wheels
Both types of camera are capable of creating stunning astroimages, we can only recommend you pick the one that suits you best!