Purtroppo, questa descrizione non è stato tradotto in italiano, in modo da trovare a questo punto una descrizione inglese.
Take stunning astrophotos with this all-inclusive imaging package. The SBIG STC-7 features an ultra-sensitive and low noise 7 megapixel cooled CMOS sensor, integrated 8 position filter wheel, plus a complete set of LRGB and narrowband filters, and an opaque filter for convenience in making dark frames.
You can easily connect the STC-7 to your telescope via either the front T-Thread mount or the included 2″ focuser adapter. The integrated filter wheel design ensures minimal back-focus distance for maximum compatibility.
The STC-7 package also includes MaxIm LT for Windows – all the software you need to take images, calibrate, stack, and do essential image processing. Other software is supported via included ASCOM drivers. Mac OS and Linux drivers are also available.
- Large, High Resolution 7.1 Megapixel monochrome CMOS sensor
- Integrated 8-Position Filter Wheel with LRGB + Halpha, OIII, and SII filters, plus an opaque filter for dark frames
- Electronic global shutter for fast exposure times (0.001 to 3600 sec.)
- Stack Pro™ automatic in-camera sub-exposure stacking
- Downloads in under 50 milliseconds (depending on computer speed)
- Regulated two-stage cooling with delta ~ -30C
- Compatible with SBIG StarChaser SC-2 off-axis guiding camera
- Supports AO-8A adaptive optics unit via StarChaser SC-2
Third-Generation CMOS Image Sensor
The STC-7 represents a major step forward in imaging technology, utilizing the SONY IMX-428 CMOS imaging sensor. Compared to our venerable STF-8300 CCD cameras, the STC-7 has higher sensitivity, lower read noise, and much faster readout. It produces extremely clean images with few hot pixels.
Due to the extremely low read noise and fast readout, the STC-7 is best used with shorter sub-exposures than for comparable CCD cameras. A typical sub-exposure will be only 30-60 seconds, versus 5-10 minutes, while still achieving the same or better noise performance and overall dynamic range after stacking. This has many advantages including the ability to take unguided exposures without trailing. It can also be used for lunar and planetary imaging at high resolution, given its high sensitivity, wide exposure range, and fast readout.
The STC-7 is optimal for telescopes having a focal length of 1000 to 1500 mm. Longer focal lengths can be used for lunar and planetary imaging.
- SONY IMX428 CMOS imaging sensor
- 3208 x 2200 pixels / 7.1 megapixel
- 4.5 micron pixels
- 17.6 mm diagonal
- Peak QE 78%
- 12-bit A/D conversion with low-gain and high-gain modes
- Very low read noise ~ 2.5e-
- Very low dark current < 0.1 e-/pixel/sec @ 0C
- 80 dB dynamic range
The STC-7 supports several optional gain modes:
- Low Gain (Gain 5.5 e-/ADU; Full Well ~ 55,000 e-; Read Noise ~5 e-)
- Medium Gain (Gain 2.45 e-/ADU; Full Well ~ 10,000 e-; Read Noise ~ 2.3 e-)
- High Gain (Gain 1.2 e-/ADU; Full Well ~ 5,000 e-; Read Noise ~ 1.9 e-)
The STC-7 scientific CMOS camera features Stack Pro™, a revolutionary feature that performs image stacking inside the camera. While the IMX428 sensor has dynamic range on a par with its CCD predecessor, it is limited to 12 bit data (0-4095). At the same time it also has far lower read noise, which means you can stack many more shorter exposures without degrading signal-to-noise ratio. As great as this sounds it does result in a lot of extra disk usage and post-processing. Stack Pro™ performs the stacking automatically, inside the camera. It automatically subdivides your exposure into up to 16 individual sub-exposures, and stacks them inside the camera prior to download. This eliminates the excessive amounts of data cluttering up your hard drive.
Complete Imaging System
The SBIG STC-7 astronomy camera is a complete imaging system – just add telescope! The system includes:
- SBIG STC-7 monochrome imaging camera
- Integrated 8-position filter wheel with L, R, G, B, Ha, OIII, SII filters plus opaque filter for dark frames
- T-Thread mount
- 2″ Nosepiece adapter
- Universal power supply
- USB 3.0 cable
- MaxIm LT software
- USB stick for software and manuals
- Deluxe carrying case