Purtroppo, questa descrizione non è stato tradotto in italiano, in modo da trovare a questo punto una descrizione inglese.
The SBIG STF-8050 camera features the Kodak KAI-08050 Image Sensor:
- Large, High Resolution 8.1 Megapixel CCD with 5.5 micron pixels
- Fast, Dual Channel Read Out
- Full Frame, High Res, Low Noise, 16-bit download in 0.5 seconds.
- Electronic shutter for fast exposure times (0.001 sec to 3600 sec.)
- STX/STXL style pin-fin heat sink and 70mm fan
- Exceptional cooling delta greater than -50C with air only
- Sapphire Chamber Window
- Very Low Read noise ~ 9e-
- Very Low Dark Current ~ 0.01e- at -20C
- Antiblooming Protection
The STF-8050 is very similar to the STF-8300M, except for the shutter, ability to perform very short exposures, and download speed. This camera is designed to operate well in microscopy applications, where extremely high speed is desirable. To reduce the necessity for dark frames, the STF-8050 is designed with exceptionally strong cooling, capable of a cooling delta greater than -50 degrees C. This means that the camera at room temperature can cool enough to reduce the dark current to 1/100th of an electron per pixel per second, or less.
The combination of a large 8.1 megapixel CCD, high resolution 5.5 micron pixels, low noise 16-bit images and fast exposure times make the STF-8050 camera ideal for solar and lunar imaging. The image on the right is a portion of a single frame of the entire solar disk taken with the STF-8050M camera using a Lunt 80mm Solar Scope.