Illustration similar: Delivery without zenith mirror
This telescope for observing the sun in H-alpha light leaves nothing to be desired. Daystar, the specialist in solar telescopes, combines an H-alpha filter with a multi-coated achromatic doublet:
- Light weight carbon tube for weight reduction. You do not need an expensive astronomical mount!
- Helical focusing : The focus is achieved by means of a handy ring over the distance of the front lens. So the camera or the eyepiece moves with the focus and heavy accessories can not slip.
- Integrated viewfinder : A real help to aim the telescope safely at the sun.
The solar telescope Solar Scout is equipped with the H-alpha-filter QUARK . The special feature: You can even extend the QUARK filter to use it with a different look!
By means of an integrated heater , the exact distance in the Etalon filter QUARK is regulated by thermal expansion. Therefore, wait approximately 10 minutes for the temperature to stabilize before starting any observation. If the LED on the filter has changed from yellow to green, you can start watching. A knob on the filter allows the transmitted center wavelength to be varied by +/- 0.5 angstroms. The required power supply includes a USB cable. After each adjustment you should wait briefly until the temperature is stabilized again (green LED). Turning the knob clockwise increases the central wavelength slightly. As a result, redshift structures become visible, ie structures that move away from us. When turned counterclockwise, the center wavelength shifts towards shorter wavelengths.
Daystar offers two variants of the H-alpha module QUARK , whose filter effect has been optimized for a particular purpose:
- Protuberance model for observing the phenomena at the edge of the sun
- Chromosphere model for the phenomena on the solar disk
Both variants have the same price. It is only an optimization: The half width of the protuberance variant is slightly larger. Due to the higher light transmission, even the finest prominences on the edge of the sun are visible. The chromosphere variant has a lower half-width and therefore forms structures on the solar disk in high spectral resolution.
Of course you can also observe protuberances with the chromosphere model and vice versa.
Corresponding to the two variants of the QUARK filter, there is also a protuberance and a chromosphere version for every DayStar H-alpha solar telescope. Please pay attention to the information in the product name.
Also included is a sturdy case that is appropriate for such a beautiful instrument.
It depends not only on which telescope you buy, but also where. Our extra services:
- With each telescope we deliver an edition of the exciting astronomy magazines "Stars and Space".
- We are a leading dealer in telescopes and know the devices well. Our service is therefore also available to you after the purchase if you have problems with setup or operation.
- We provide each telescope with the 80-page entry-level Telescope ABC manual.