This compact telescope enables solar observation in H-alpha light .
A front-mounted, unshaded etalon filter produces a half width of less than 0.75 angstroms. Protuberances and surface detail can be safely observed. Its extremely compact dimensions make it an ideal travel companion. The zenith mirror, which incorporates the block filter, is equipped with a helical focuser for 1.25 "eyepieces.
- 50mm free opening without central obstruction
- 350mm focal length
- internal etalon with air pressure tuning system: "Pressure Tuner PT"
- Half width <0.75 angstroms
- non-rotating helical focuser
- Pipe clamp with 1 / 4-20 thread (standard thread for photo tripods)
There are two versions of this model: one with B400 and one with the larger B600 blocking filter. The picture above shows the B600 variant. The difference can be recognized only by the inscription.
Double stacking with a reduction of the half width to <0.5 Angstrom is also possible. For this, Lunt Solar Systems has specially designed the new LS50C Double-Stack Filter in a compact housing (see under "Recommended Accessories"). This filter can be screwed directly onto the LS50THa telescopes and offers much more detail and contrast on the sun's surface.
Of course you can also use the normal double-stack filters LS50FHa and LS60FHa on the LS50THa telescopes. For this the adapter LS150 / 50 is offered, which can also be found under "Recommended accessories".
It depends not only on which telescope you buy, but also where. Our extra services:
- With each telescope we deliver an edition of the exciting astronomy magazines "Stars and Space".
- We are a leading dealer in telescopes and know our equipment well. Our service is therefore also available to you after the purchase if you have problems with setup or operation.
- We will provide each telescope with the 80-page entry-level Telescope ABC manual.